THE ORIGINAL STAINLESS STEEL COIN-STYLE HEADSPACE GAUGE. Firewerks headspace gauges are the only coin-style gauges on the market that are made from stainless steel.
WE GUARANTEE THE QUALITY OF OUR PRODUCTS 100%!
Firewerks Headspace Gauges are made from high quality stainless steel for corrosion resistance, heat treated for wear resistance, and precision ground for superb accuracy. If you are not completely satisfied with the quality, we will refund your purchase 100% AND pay for the return postage.
Firewerks headspace gauges are the original and only coin-style gauges on the market that are made from stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance. Manufactured right here in the USA, Firewerks headspace gauges are precision built and made to last. We GUARANTEE the quality of our products!
Every single gauge is precision ground to very tight tolerances with top of the line machines. Then, each gauge is double checked by hand with micrometers before it ever gets packaged and leaves our shop. (BEWARE of misleading comments from our competitors that say our gauges are inaccurate and not high quality. We stand by our 100% money back guarantee.)
EASY TO IDENTIFY
Easily identify which gauge is which with the laser etched letter identifiers – “G” (go gauge), “N” (no-go gauge), “F” (field gauge). Now you no longer have to guess what gauge you are looking at. Also, each gauge has the caliber laser etched on the back to help prevent mixing up different gauges.
SIMPLE TO USE!
As easy as 1-2-3. These high quality stainless steel Go, No-go, and Field headspace gauges are specially designed so that you don’t have to remove the extractor to check your rifle’s headspace. Simply place the gauge on the bolt face with the notch fitting around the extractor and then close the bolt (or try to).
Whenever you buy a used gun, always check the headspace before firing – especially military surplus rifles. These gauges are also essential when chambering a new barrel to ensure a tight, accurate, safe chamber.
Current Caliber Selection: Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r
Made in the USA.
Warning: Headspace is only one factor to check when determining the safety of a gun. We highly recommend that all guns be inspected and serviced by a qualified gunsmith prior to operation. Guntoolrentals.com and Firewerks are not liable and/or legally responsible for any damages to the gun caused by misuse of headspace gauges, misfortune, injury(s) and/or death(s) due to improper use of headspace gauges, firearm defects, gun malfunctions, ammunition, hand loading practices, condition of firearm, or any other factors related to the use of any firearm.
Firewerks headspace gauges are made from 410 stainless steel that has been heat treated for wear and corrosion resistance and durability, and then ground to precision specifications.
These are military spec gauges.
Calibers: Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r
MADE IN THE USA.
We highly recommend that all used guns, especially military surplus guns, be inspected by a professional gunsmith prior to firing the gun. Headspace is only one of the things that should be checked when determining whether or not a gun is safe to shoot.
Directions for Use
- Check gun to make sure it is unloaded and safe to handle.
- Open the bolt. Make sure you are familiar with how much pressure it normally takes to close the bolt.
- Make sure headspace gauge is clean and free of debris.
- Place the gauge on the bolt face with the half-circle notch fitting around the extractor (it doesn’t matter which side is facing up).
- Gently push the bolt forward and attempt to close the bolt with minimal pressure. DO NOT force the bolt. This could damage both the gauge and the gun.
- Go gauge – When using a go gauge, the bolt should close as normal – indicating that there is a minimum acceptable headspace.
- No-go gauge – The bolt should incur resistance and should NOT CLOSE when attempting to close the bolt with minimal pressure. Again, DON’T force the bolt.
- If the bolt closes on a No-go gauge, the field gauge is your last check.
- Field-gauge – The bolt should incur resistance and should NOT CLOSE when attempting to close the bolt. If a bolt closes on a field gauge, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIRE THE GUN. The gun may not be safe, and may result in injury and/or death if you attempt to fire it. You must have it inspected by a professional gunsmith before shooting it.
Warning: Headspace is only one of several factors that may affect the safety of your firearm. Firewerks shall assume no liability for personal injury and/or death or damage to personal property caused by unsafe or improper use of any firearm with which our headspace gauge is used. Firewerks shall assume no liability for firearm defects or other factors causing a malfunction related to the use of your firearm. Our headspace gauges are solely intended for use as a preliminary inspection tool, and as such, are not intended to replace a full inspection by a qualified gunsmith. Always have your firearm inspected by a qualified gunsmith before firing.